Friday, July 30, 2010

Thanks be to God

Let it be done to me according to your will-Come Holy Spirit and reside within me, and glory to God in the highest. I say these phases very often as the day passes, while I find myself exhausted and frustrated because things never seem to work as smoothly as I hope. Perhaps you can understand. With a 9 month-old and a 3 ½ year-old everything is interrupted. It’s a great moment when I am able to complete a thought. With a very active, curious, and strong-willed little boy there isn’t much time left over. However, one must attend to the details of a home. As you know, running a household is much like running a business—there are calls to answer, deadlines to meet, and pretty crucial tasks to complete every day. Diapers, crying, spilled milk, scheduling dilemmas, discipline, and some more discipline, grocery shopping, cooking, cleaning, picking up, laundry, dishes which includes opening the dishwasher door at least 50 times a day, working with companies that give you a computer to talk to, and did I mention a part-time job and a husband…each having their own demands. And, at 42 I’m slowing down (just a bit). However, the good news is that God gives me the strength and wisdom to work through the daily dilemmas, and when I bring it all to Him and lay it down, remembering, this is a season of life, beautiful in so many ways, and it will come to an end… and then I shall long for it again. I remind myself of this simple fact---this life belongs to God. I am His, and He will give me all that is necessary to complete the task He has placed before me. And, yes, it means that I will suffer at times and need to make sacrifices for the sake of doing His will. I will need to put aside my desires for whatever it maybe, and serve. I know I struggle to do that on a daily basis. I’d love to spend time with friends, traveling, or just relaxing, along with blogging more , but that would require me to give less to my duties of state and other responsibilities. And, for right now I must give all that I have to my family, job, and most importantly to God. Prayer gives me strength to face the challenges, to seek God’s direction and to be wise enough to know how to follow Him.
I pray that I may be an instrument for God’s holy will. That I will love as God asks me to love and that I will find God’s goodness in sacrificing and that I may know His sweet peace along this journey.
Tricia
I always find a way of being happy and of profiting from my miseries.--St. Therese of Lisieux

No comments:

Post a Comment