Saturday, July 13, 2013

Greetings

After a very long pause I find myself before you once again. It truly is a return to the desire of my heart. I must confess, though, I have never considered my writings to be anything more than a way to express my thoughts and, perhaps, gain clarity to life’s challenges. In some aspects, I’ve thought of it as vanity; drawing attention to myself and my thoughts, thinking it would be worthy of someone else’s time. After grappling with this and a host of other obstacles, I finally realized that it is God who placed this desire within my heart, and as wild as it seems to me, I believe He wants me to write. Ironically, the written word is not my strong point, at least not publically. In most situations, I find more comfort and ease to speak directly to an audience. However, I am not being called to do what is more natural to me, but rather, that which will stretch me and most likely build a lot of humility. So I ask you to be patient, easy-going, and encouraging as I develop the skills needed to be effective. My writings will take time because it is a process that doesn't automatically occur….there needs to be inspiration, nourishment, and time for the writing process. In the hope to make a small and imperfect contribution to someone who needs to hear the message. Let us begin our journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment